Lip balms are designed to protect your lips, keep them hydrated, and help them heal faster.
An alternative to regular lipstick, lip balms come in a more ‘solid’ form and pay an important function of protecting delicate skin on your lips. Lip balms utilise natural ingredients to improve skin cell turnover, nourish the lips to keep them plump and happy.
Still unsure on whether to incorporate lip balms into your routine? Continue reading to learn more and understand why we love them so much.
As the temperature drops and humidity levels plummet during the autumn and winter, this can make not only your skin but also lips feel tight, dry, and uncomfortable. This is where lip balms come to the rescue! From exfoliating to nourishing lip balms - these rich, busting with high quality natural ingredients formulas come in many forms and should definitely be on your autumn must-have list. We’ve rounded up some of the best and most popular Korean balms below.
What Are The Best Korean lip balms & lip sleeping masks?
It is very easy to get confused if you look at the balms and sleeping masks wondering how to use them. Here is your insight to Korean lip care.
Lip balms often contain moisturising ingredients such as beeswax that plump your lips and maintain their youthful, supple look. Most lip balms also have calming ingredients like camphor and menthol in order to soothe and repair irritated lips. Other lip balms contain anti-ageing formula ingredients like hyaluronic acid and collagen or natural forms of antioxidants.
Regardless of whichever K-beauty lip balm you choose, you can rest assured that all of them will leave your lips feeling softer, smoother, and more hydrated.
When it comes to lip sleeping masks and balms, they were designed to be used in your evening skincare routine. Lip sleeping balms are often made with a high dosage of natural ingredients, meaning that, unlike some other balms, lip sleeping balms and mask will help to heal faster chapped lips. Lip sleeping masks can be used as a daily treatment if your lips require some extra dose of attention and nourishment.
What Brands Are Known For Being High-Quality K-Beauty Lip Balms?
Some of the most respected lip balm brands we stock include:
If there’s a specific K-Beauty brand you’re looking for, you can find it here.
How Often Should You Use Lip Balms & Lip Sleeping Masks?
Both lip balms and lip sleeping masks can be used daily as required. Typically, lip balms are applied multiple times a day.
As a rule of thumb, you can apply lip balm whenever the previous layer doesn’t feel like it’s there anymore. This will ensure that you are always wearing a protective layer over your lips that prevents moisture from escaping your skin and keeps them healthy.
Lip Sleeping masks and packs, on the other hand, are the best performing skincare products and are also a perfect night treatment. The skin sleeping balm protect a gentle skin on your lips from drying it out, while giving the skin necessary nourishment.
Which K-Beauty Lip Balms Are Best For Dry Lips?
The skin on your lips is thinner than your facial skin. This means that during the bigger weather and temperature swings such as cold winter or hot summer, this thin layer is easily licked off, leading to chapped and dry lips. If this happens to you, then a lip balm will ensure that your lips are well moisturised and protected from cold and windy weather.
We can recommend two products that work best for dry lips:
● Frudia Pomegranate Honey 3 in 1 Lip Balm: Packed with nourishing ingredients such as Apricot Oil and Pomegranate Seed Oil, this lip balm has all the essential nutrients to repair the texture of your lips and protect them from damaging environmental factors.
● URANG S.O.S. Multi Balm: This lip balm contains 95.5% organic ingredients and has strong nourishing and healing properties to help deal with dry patches on any areas that need extra care (dry lips, hands, cuticles, elbows etc).
Which K-Beauty Lip Sleeping Masks and Balms Are Best For Dry Lips?
· Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask (Berry) – our favourite sleeping mask from Laneige can be now your solution for plump, soft, smooth lips.Enriched with vitamin C and antioxidants, its Berry Mix Complex™, this balm is perfect to tackle dry, rough lips.
· COSRX Lip Sleep Special Propolis Kit- this rich, honey-like texture. The rich texture absorbs into the lips like magic and allows a non-sticky, pleasant overnight treatment and daily use.
· Klavuu Nourishing Care Lip Sleeping Pack – bursting with Phyto Oil Complex and oils from avocado, sweet almond and apricot, this non-sticky lip balm prevents lips from drying out while smoothing out dead skin cells.
If you want to explore face sleeping masks, You can also visit our Korean Sleeping Masks and Packs for a full range of suitable products.
Are These Products Vegan?
URANG S.O.S. Multi Balm is our best-selling vegan lip balm.
You can find all our vegan using the filter on the left side of the page.
Join Skinsider Rewards today!
Become a member of the Skinsider family and start earning points towards great rewards and exclusive goodies. Just click the icon in the bottom corner to get started!